The main objective is to increase the potential of innovation of SFERA by addressing the innovation opportunities created by the project activities and by reinforcing links with companies that drive innovation. The key tasks proposed in this work package aim at developing the conditions to set a world-class eco-system that may speed up the process from knowledge (generated by the activities of the solar concentrating research infrastructures) to new products, processes and services.
In order to reinforce the partnership with industry a strong collaboration will be established with ESTELA (European Solar Thermal Electricity Association) which is the main industrial association in CSP. The collaboration is increased by offering trainings for industry, bringing research and innovation together.
The expected impacts are targeted at various levels:
• To develop the innovation culture inside the SFERA consortium.
• To educate engineers and technicians in CSP facilities operation.
• To create innovative products and services.
• To increase competitiveness of European industry in the field of CSP.
• To propose new jobs related to CSP development and maintenance.
The WP is composed of 3 tasks related to:
(a) the promotion of innovation inside SFERA
(b) the promotion of development of new products and services in collaboration with industry
(c) the training for industry